email@example.com • 301-770-1979
For the convenience of our working parents, St. Elizabeth offers Morning Care (7-8 am) and Afternoon Care (3-6 pm) when St. Elizabeth School is in session. On scheduled half days, Afternoon Care runs until 4:30 pm.
In order to reserve a space in our morning or aftercare programs, please fill out the application as soon as possible. Space for our aftercare program is limited and early application is encouraged.
Morning Care Overview
Our morning care staff provides a calm, warm space for students to acclimate to their school day. Parents sign their children in at gym entrance of the APR as early as 7 am. The fee is $6 per day per child. Games, books, coloring, and homework space is available for our early morning students.
Afternoon Care Overview
Our afternoon care staff appreciates our students’ needs to wind down from their school schedule. Each day, students have a chance to play outside on the playground when weather permits and also access the gym. There are homework stations with available help as well.
Hours and Dismissal
- Aftercare runs from 3 to 6 pm when school is in session for a full day.
- If you arrive prior to 4:45 children are dismissed through the gym entrance.
- If you arrive after 4:45 children are dismissed through the walkers lobby.
- 1/2 days. On scheduled half days we are open until 4:30pm. Children must bring a lunch and drink. Dismissal is through the gym entrance.
- We do not operate when the school is closed. HoopEd usually has a "camp" at St. Elizabeth's and many of the Extended Care families use the program for child care needs during holiday breaks.
Rates (Per day per child)
- 4 – 5 days per week - $16 per day per child
- 2 – 3 days per week - $18 per day per child
- 1 day per week - $20 per day per child. We have limited spots for children attending one day per week. Please speak to Ms. Marino prior to registration.
- LATE FEES – Extended Care assess a late fee of $10 for the first minute past 6pm and an additional $1 per minute past 6:01.
- Full day 4s, JK, K, 1st grade are escorted from their respective classrooms to the All Purpose Room (APR). The children are signed in then wash their hands and have a snack. First grade begin their homework while 4s, JK and K will play quietly or head outside.
- Grades 2 - 8 sign in and head outside for approximately 60 minutes. They will then return to the APR, wash their hands, have a snack and be excused to their respective homework room. Once homework is complete the children are able to return to the APR or go back outside. We ask the children remain in their homework room for a minimum for 50 minutes.
- We have a wide variety of board and card games, Lego's and building toys, arts and craft and sports equipment. On special occasions, we watch a G rated movie. We request that children do not bring personal toys, books or trinkets to Extended Care.
- We provide fruit 2 to 3 times a week as well as individually packaged snacks each day along with water. Some families pack specific snacks for their children, which remain in their lunchbox until snack time. We do our best to avoid peanut and nuts, but we are not a nut free environment.
- Extended Care follows the policies and procedures of St. Elizabeth School. Please see the school handbook for details.
- Our staff is cleared through the US Justice Department criminal clearance process; staff also completes Virtus training through the ADW.
- All of our staff is CPR trained.
- The state mandates a ratio of 1 teacher to every 15 children.
- All Extended Care rooms are inspected and approved by the state.
- We follow Montgomery County inclement weather policy. If the county closes schools we are closed. If there is a delayed opening, we will not have morning care. If the county closes schools early, we will remain open for 2 hours past the close time.
Extended Care Forms
Questions? Email Extended Care at firstname.lastname@example.org